Server Support Officer with extensive expertise in all facets of fixing helpdesk calls at 3rd line, diagnosing and fixing faults through evaluating and implementing cutting edge technologies—involved in the design, scope and implementation of new storage technology. Is highly skilled in collaborating with all members of the organization to achieve business and financial objectives. Instrumental in streamlining and improving processes, enhancing productivity, and implementing technology solutions. Has technical proficiency in Technology Deployment, Configuration and Implementation, Integration, Installation and Support and Problem Resolution.
|§ Hardware Implementation
§ High-Level Communication
§ Strategic Planning/Analysis
§ Industry Networking
§ New Business Development
§ SAN Storage/Troubleshooting
|§ Server Support
§ Team Leadership
§ Process Improvement
InnovTech Limited 2011 – Present
- Streamline processes of directing IT Services, Hosting and IT Solutions supporting over 20 businesses in the north east and nation wide, including server support, desktop support, WAN & LAN support and configuration.
- Provide VMware Virtualisation Implementations—SAN Install, replications to DR, Network configuration, and backup configuration and physical to virtual migration.
- Manage all aspects of Wireless Rollout out to over 30 sites in the North East as a contract for the NHS, Wireless Implementations in hotels with Guest WiFi login, and Full Site to Site VPN implementations.
- Sustain bespoke applications (Travel Agents booking systems, Training Databases), VOIP PBX Installations and Support, Active Directory Upgrades, and Group policy implementation.
- Perform Hardware Quoting, Purchasing, Implementation, SAN Sizing and Implementation, home working implementations for the NHS and Local Government, and Cloud AV rollout.
Xentrall Shared Services 2008 – 2011
ICT Technical Project Lead—Project Implementation Team (2010 – 2011)
- Served as main technical server contact for new housing service, including designing and implementing new domain using Active Directory 2008, Exchange 2010, MS Forefront Threat Management Gateway (ISA), AppSense Environment Manager and Application Manager, Certero, and Microsoft SCCM.
- Aided in the design and rollout of a VDI trial solution to 50 users— image and solution architecture—and completed a VDI rollout for Public Library users.
- Participated in a project replacing RSA with a new USB certificate solution, One Time Password as well as researched and implemented Single Sign on.
ICT Server Support Officer (2008 – 2010)
- Operated as part of the Virtualisation Project team—designing the infrastructure, implementing the newest blade platform, and market leading storage area network solution.
- Spearheaded the design, installation, and configuration of one of the market leading storage area network solutions, utilising virtualised storage technology consisting of 337TB of replicated storage.
- Led the delivery of a self-service password reset utility for 5000 users and implemented an end point security solution for 5000 users.
- Executed VMware View 4.5 and AppSense Application Manager and Environment Manger including user personalisation in a proof of concept environment.
- Achieved advanced support of Citrix XenApp Farm, including application packaging and rollout and deployed an enterprise monitoring tool solution for a suite of 600 Servers, including SQL, ORACLE and Virtual environment monitoring.
- Key member of Desktop Strategy Team—designing and implementing a VDI solution for proof of concept, from the VDI supplier to the backend storage area network.
- Successful implementation of McAfee EPO in one half of the partnership in a 4 year program resulting in a joint McAfee solution for the full partnership leading to training members of ICT in the use and deployment of McAfee EPO.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in patch management—tasked with investigating, designing and implementing an enterprise backup solution.
- Extensive knowledge of iPhone and iPad hardware and software in an enterprise environment and implemented/upgraded Blackberry enterprise server for Darlington Borough Council.
Darlington Borough Council 2004 – 2008
ICT End User Support Officer
- Functioned as Project technical lead in the Implementation and Deployment of WSUS to manage 2500 clients including an operating system service pack upgrade rollout.
- Executed open source imaging system to standardise a build and for the End User Support team to rollout machines up to 20 at a time.
- Operated as Team Leader responsible for recruitment and management of a team of contractors.
- Named Senior End User Officer—installed Intranet for ICT with FAQs for 3000 users.
- Recipient of the Employee of the Year nomination for 2006.
South Tees NHS – James Cook Hospital 2004
ICT Engineer (Temporary Contract)
Kensington Financial Management Ltd, [Stockton on Tees] 2002 – 2004
I.T Administrator, Network Manager, Fund Solutions Ltd Manager
Self Employed, North East 2001 – 2002
Small Business Computer Consultant and Technical Support
McGuiness Shaw & Co, Norton, Stockton – on – Tees 2000 – 2001
Computer Administrator & Network Manager
Peterlee Pumas ARLFC – Peterlee (www.peterleepumas-rlfc.com) 2005 – 2011
Education & Training
HND, Information Technology, University of Teesside, Middlesbrough
GNVQ, Advanced I.T, 2000, Hartlepool College of Further Education
11 GCSE’s A to D, Billingham Campus School, GCSE
Meraki Cisco CMNA
VMware Certified Pre Sales / Pre Technical Consultant
ITIL v3 Foundation
Regular attendee and contributor to seminars and technical workshops
Microsoft SQL 2005 Database Administrator
Microsoft Vista Deployment and Support
Citrix XenApp 4.5 Administrator
Windows Server 2008 Administration
Windows Server 2012 Administration
VMware VSphere 4.0
VMware VSphere 5.0
VMware View 4.5
Nimble Storage Install/Deployment